I am so glad I went to QAAD Conference 2016.
What I gained from it
- Being part of this loving and understanding community is precious and important to me.
- I was able to contribute from my own life honestly and openly
- I was able to listen to so many F/friends share so honestly about how addiction has touched their lives
- It was a real pleasure to meet Prof Chris Cook and his wife Joy. They were both wonderfully honest, caring and open
- I feel grateful we set up an email group to keep in touch between conferences.
- The theme was great- ‘Making a Difference’. We all make a difference- and the ‘small differences’ we make in our day-to-day lives soon act up to something wonderful and profound
- It was expertly organised, creating a safe space for discovery, disagreement and honest sharing. I could be myself!