It does make a difference…!
I learnt a lesson this morning. I found a quieter path that gets me up the hill to work.
Part of my learning at the moment is that it DOES make a difference who I am with as to how relaxed and sociable I feel
This seems obvious, perhaps. But I tend to expect myself to feel equally relaxed with whoever I’m with.
- I label myself as ‘shy’, but am not shy or quiet when:
- I am with people I trust
- When I am with people I am close to
- When I am in a peaceful environment
- When I am not too tired, hungry etc
This helps me a lot to share. I want to trust these insights:
- It is OK to not be very chatty in some environments.
- I have social strengths and social liabilities
- Who I am is OK, and valuable, however much I chat